- The accident happened at 03:40am, the early hours of Friday morning.
- The worker suffered a fall, but did not die immediately and was helped by his work-mate who contacted the mine head supervisor.
- The management at the GORO mine refused to enter the mine in order to give first aid.
- The management also failed to do their obligatory duty by refusing to contact local authorities and report the incident.
- By 9am, word had got round the workforce of the accident and the family of the victim arrived at the mine. They were refused access and were told nothing.
- The family eventually forced their way into the mine and demanded answers.
- At that point the GORO mine management organized a rescue party and entered the mine, only to find the worker had died of asphyxia.
The Daily IKN email digest, get all daily posts sent to you next day (& no ads)
And this report may explain why. According to locals at the scene:
Dear shareholders of GORO, this is the level of people you are sponsoring with your money.
Fortuna Silver (FSM) (FVI.to) is going to place 10.325m shares at U$6.30 a pop. There's also a 15% overallotment (1,548,750 shares) to throw in.
FSM closed at U$6.85 today. And will be down tomorrow, no matter what gold does.
My thanks to reader L for the forward.
At VRIC, right now:
And yeah, I know Copper Mountain isn't CUM any more....feeling nostalgic here....
Today's commentary on Metanor Resources (MTO.v) is brought to you by the office of Kellyanne Conway:
- This is not a joke miner and lifestyle company for a couple of lazy Quebecois businessmen.
- It has a strong balance sheet and no debt problems at all.
- Jay Taylor has not been paid enormous amounts of money for years on end to con naive retail tyros into buying chunks of this dog.
- Ditto Thibault Lapouttre.
- The share rollback announced today is not utterly shameful for an operating miner.
- Eric Sprott was not stupid for buying into the bullshit marketing spiel.
- Ditto Nolan Watson.
- IKN head office never rolls its eyes at mails with "MTO" in the title line, always reads their contents and always makes a point of replying to the mailer promptly and courteously.
Have a nice alternative day.
Nice problem to have, though. Your real live actual game-changer NR here, its headline is...
...and for what it's worth...Cordoba Minerals Intersects 4,440 g/t Gold, 10.25% Copper, 24.7% Zinc and 347 g/t Silver Over 0.9 Meters in New Discovery
...the residual isn't great shakes.
IKN401 has just been sent to subscribers. The usual hucksterish stuff, trying to bilk you all out of your hard-earned cash.
Incredibly, DNG doesn't seem to think that the commencement of legal action by the regional government of Peru, on which its Veta Dorada plant is located, in order to repossess the land which was used illegally by the company to build a processing plant, is material news.
Despite the fact that the the worker at Gold Resource Corp (GORO) mine in Oaxaca, Daniel Ruíz Jiménez, was reported missing on Thursday and his dead body was found in the underground mine Friday afternoon, GORO still hasn't done the decent thing and reported the death to the market. GORO seems to be trying the Tahoe Resources (TAHO) tactic of covering up workplace deaths instead of being responsible, honest and transparent about them.
A little less than a month ago this humble corner of cyberspace pointed out the nefarious relationship between two entities conspiring to swindle naive greenhorns in the junior market world, namely the unspeakably self-serving Zimtu Capital (ZC.v) and their paid whore of a research analyst, Stephan Bogner of Rockstone Research. This weekend IKN Nerve Centre received this mail from reader RG, who was kind enough to help out the team by pointing to a brand new chapter of this market prostitution:
"King’s Bay closed a property purchase agreement on the 19th, and repeating a pattern you pointed out just last month, David Hodge filed yesterday with Sedar a stock acquisition by Zimtu of King’s Bay Gold in Labrador. With that ZC now holds 17.77% of KBG, and today Rockstone’s Stephan Bogner posts 'Cobalt Crunch Time' promoting the polymetallic prospect, apparently based on grab samples. Bogner also promoted KBG on October 27th, and today’s article largely repeats that earlier one."
Thank you RG, greatly appreciated.
...in reverse order:
Third Place: "And on the subject of complete assholes...". Only in Canada are complete jerk offs put in charge of public listed companies like this. Unqualified to do anything except talk crap in a chatroom, Allan Barry gets moved from paid-for IR promo bullshitter to CEO because the people in charge (and still truly in charge) of this lithium scam stock Alset didn't have anyone else with the same Allan Barry combo of zero self-esteem and desperation for salary cheques to ask. If you really want to know why your capital markets are turning into a world-scale joke, Canada, take a look at ION.v.
Second Place: "When your post-tax IRR is 153%...", that commented on Mariana Resources' (MARL) impressive first pass PEA at the Hot Maden project in Turkey.
First Place: "The Otto Rock Fan Club" which was less of a single post and more of a series, but as that was the first post it got the highest hit count. It got followed by Part Two here, in which I stated for the record that Olyeller's accusations against me were totally fabricated and utter lies. Up to that point, he decided to ignore me. Then came the note addressed to the poster himself who apparently thought people are anonymous on the internet (oh the naivety) but when he found out the opposite was true, his attitude suddenly changed (quel surprise), which led to the final post here in which Olyeller, after facing the cruel reality of a libel suit that could have ruined him backtracked on everything he said, retracted and apologized, thereby revealing himself as a liar. A repentant liar, but a liar all the same.
The thing with blowhard internet trolls and bullies is they think they can say and do anything, that there's no push-back and no bill to pay later. That may be true with other people, but this bully Olyeller picked on the wrong guy this time. The person behind the handle Olyeller has learned a lesson and fortunately for him (because I decided to be nice and offer an easy way out) all it cost was a chunk of his overblown ego. The rest of you actual and potential trolls spouting stupidities over the interwebnetpipes, I'd quietly suggest you take a moment and reflect on such things. Next time other people may not be as nice as lil ol me.
A song to match this Friday. Dedicated to Nick.